9/2/10

Three New Pins :)

I went to Epcot on Sunday because I had heard, through Twitter, that they were hosting a public viewing for Disney's Trade City USA. This was an opportunity for Vinylmation collectors and pin traders to take a peek at new/upcoming sets and trade with other enthusiasts. Although I don't consider myself a collector nor an avid pin-trader, I enjoy going to these (free) events and checking out what they have to offer.


Disney Vinylmation
cast member & the pin-trading board
new Disney pin collections
more Vinylmation



I didn't do any trading at the Trade City USA event, but I did manage to get three new pins this weekend. First, I bought a pin for $2.99 at Disney's Character Premiere store at the Premium Outlets (the red Mickey silhouette pin pictured at the right).

Soon after I arrived at Epcot, I overheard a cast member gushing over a new pin that a guest had just traded (the white Monorail Mickey Vinylmation pin pictured to the left). She said it was so neat that she probably wouldn't be able to hold on to it for 5 minutes (Disney cast members are required to trade pins with any guest that asks). I traded it from her less than 60 seconds after she got it! She said she was happy it was going to a "nice young girl who likes to trade for the fun of it."   LOL  :)


I found the third pin, Baby Minnie (pictured below), on a cast member in Norway. I was trying out the Norwegian perfume when I saw him walk by. I was so excited! My Baby Mickey pin finally found his match!

No comments:

Post a Comment