11/24/10

Disney Store, Times Square NYC


 
My husband and I decided to go on a mini-vacation to New York City for the weekend. New York is an AMAZING city, and we had a great time walking and exploring and seeing all the sights. I was really excited about getting a taste of Orlando in Times Square, via the brand-new Disney Store (grand opening was Nov. 9th). This Disney Store claims to be the largest in the U.S., and has a large variety of exclusive NYC merchandise.

I must admit, I was actually a bit disappointed by the store's size. It wasn't as big as I was expecting, especially for being the "largest" in America. Maybe I was mentally comparing it to World of Disney at Downtown Disney, so I really wasn't that impressed. The 2nd floor is more spacious, and they do have a large variety of different items. From princess gowns to Ridemakerz cars, Tron to Toy Story, and everything in between. I really liked the NYC merchandise on the first floor. It was a bit weird, though, seeing Mickey splashed all over the New York souvenirs. Maybe it's strange, but I found myself thinking, "Mickey doesn't belong here....he belongs to us in Orlando!". Despite this possessive mindset, I still bought myself an exclusive Minnie Mouse Statue of Liberty Vinylmation.  :)  All in all, I enjoyed visiting the Disney Store in NYC and am happy to see another family-friendly spot in Times Square.  






You can find more photos of Disney Store Times Square on my Facebook page!

No comments:

Post a Comment