11/10/10

A Run, A Stroll, and Exotic Cars

My husband and I woke up extra early on Saturday morning and drove over to the brand-new UCF Medical College at Lake Nona to participate in the RunNona 5K. It was about a 30 minute drive, and we arrived at around 7:15am. The weather was chilly and brisk, but it was a great day for a run!  It was my first-ever 5K, and I ran it in around 38 minutes. I'm already registered for another one next month at Sea World. I'll definitely let you know how it goes!

After the run, we rested at home for a bit before heading out again. This time it was to the annual Fall Fiesta at Lake Eola Park in downtown Orlando. Over 600 booths were set up all around the park with vendors selling art, crafts, jewelry, ceramics, food, and more. We love strolling around the park checking out all the different and unique items for sale. Its also a lot of fun to people-watch, but even more fun to dog-watch. Tons of people bring their dogs, of all different shapes and sizes. It was a great way to enjoy the beautiful weather on a Saturday afternoon.




On Sunday, we went to Winter Park to see the 9th Annual Concours d'Elegance car show. The free event takes place on Park Avenue and features over 120 exotic and prestigious automobiles. Even if you're not really into cars, this is one show that you wouldn't want to miss. There is definitely something for everyone: Bentley, Corvette, Aston Martin, Hot Rods, Lamborghini, Ford's Model-T, and more. Check out more photos on my Facebook page!  






One of my favorite things about Winter Park is visiting the shops and restaurants on Park Ave. On the day of the car show, we decided to try out one of the newest cafes. Maestro, which opened early this year, is an eclectic bakery/cafe/coffee shop with a European feel. I ordered the Tangy Turkey sandwich, and my husband had the Tuscan Chicken panini. I'd definitely like to go back and try a piece of baklava with some coffee. Fun to try someplace new!    

No comments:

Post a Comment