9/20/10

My Commute to Work

As much as I love having fun in Orlando, I also have to work. I know a lot of friends and coworkers that live in the suburbs of Orlando (Lake Mary, Sanford, Winter Garden, Casselbery, Altamonte Springs, etc) and have a crazy commute to and from the office every day. I'm lucky to live close enough to work that I can avoid all the major highways (and traffic) that many people have to deal with on a daily basis. Sure, my rent may be a little higher than it might be if I lived outside of Orlando, but the trade-off is worth it.

on the road to work, early in the morning
It takes me about 20 minutes to drive to and from work every day, including red lights and traffic. I leave home at 6:45 each morning and am usually home between 4:30 and 5pm. My commute to work includes passing by the Mennello Museum of American Art and the Orlando Science Center, with a quick shortcut through the residential neighborhoods of College Park. On my way home I take a different route, passing through Ivanhoe Row and cutting past Leu Gardens.

driving home
Although the smaller cities and towns on the outskirts of Orlando certainly have a lot to offer, I love living in the heart of Orlando....close to work and close enough to the theme parks so that I can enjoy them nearly every weekend.

@FunLifeOrlando insider tip:  Don't live for work.  Work hard so that you can afford to live the fun life you truly want!

No comments:

Post a Comment