8/3/10

Wizarding World of Harry Potter

I've already visited the WWOHP at least half a dozen times, and I still can't get enough.  Maybe it's the thrill of something new, maybe it's the excitement of having access to an attraction that is so popular right now, or maybe it's just the fact that the WWOHP is just so freakin' cool!  Either way, I love going and always look forward to my next visit. 

Hogwart's Castle

Right now, during the busy summer season, the WWOHP is packed-full of people every single day.  I even tried going later at night to beat the crowds, but the line to get into Ollivander's wand shop was still nearly 2 hours long.  Lucky for me, I was able to visit WWOHP back in May before the official grand opening.  During that first visit, I drank Butterbeer at the Hog's Head, chose a wand at Ollivander's, browsed the merchandise at Zonko's and Dervish & Banges, bought a chocolate frog at Honeydukes, sent a postcard from the Owl Post, ate lunch at the Three Broomsticks, and flew with Harry Potter on the Forbidden Journey ride.  Since then, I've battled dragons on the Dragon Challenge, visited Hagrid's hut on Flight of the Hippogriff, watched performances by Durmstrangs and Beauxbatons, listened to the Frog Choir, and tasted the Hog's Head brew.  I still haven't tried the Pumpkin Juice, but that is next on my WWOHP to-do list.

On days when the park is too crowded to go into the shops or ride the rides, I like to buy a frozen Butterbeer and just stroll the streets of Hogsmeade watching the muggles as they explore all the wonders of the Wizarding World.

Hogsmeade Village

inside Honeydukes

the Hog's Head

inside Ollivander's wand shop

the Hogwart's Express


@FunLifeOrlando Insider Tip - If the lines at the outdoor Butterbeer carts are too long (which they usually are), go inside the Hog's Head instead.  The lines move fast, you get refuge from the heat and/or rain, AND annual passholders get a 10% discount.

No comments:

Post a Comment