8/23/10

Saturday, August 21st

A friend of mine from South Florida drove up to Orlando for the weekend with her sister and kids. I decided to meet up with them at downtown Disney, where they were having lunch at the T-Rex cafe. The weather was really overcast and cloudy, which meant less heat (a good thing!) and a high chance of rain (not a good thing!). Luckily, summer rain showers in Florida don't usually last too long.

After wandering Downtown Disney for an hour or so, I said goodbye to my friend and headed over to Epcot for lunch (my friend and her family were going to Sea World, and I didn't really feel like paying for that today). I have an annual pass to all 4 Disney parks, so I try to drop in as often as I can. Today I wanted to eat at Epcot's newest pizzeria, Via Napoli, in Italy. Check out my next post for a review.  :)

After lunch, I strolled through China, Norway, and Germany before the rain started coming down. I had been hoping to make a quick stop at the outlets after Epcot, but the rain had me heading home instead (I did manage to stop for some frozen yogurt, however. Yum!).  I spent the rest of my evening relaxing on the couch with my husband and a Netflix movie.  Just another day in my (fun!) life in Orlando.


@FunLifeOrlando insider tip:  Next time you're at Downtown Disney, make sure
to stop in at the Ghirardelli chocolate shop....there's almost ALWAYS someone
there with a basket giving away free samples of their yummy chocolate squares.

Downtown Disney at Walt Disney World

No comments:

Post a Comment