8/24/10

Via Napoli, Epcot

I was eager to try Epcot's new pizzeria, Via Napoli, which officially
opened the first week of August. It's located in the Italy pavilion at
Epcot's World Showcase. Our waitress, a lovely young Italian woman
named Rossena, was great. I took a few minutes to look over the menu,
which offered both pizza and other traditional Italian pasta dishes. I knew,
however, that I really wanted to try the pizza. They had a variety of different
pizza options, priced at around $16 for an individual pizza, $27 for a large
pie, and $36 for the extra-large 1/2 meter. My husband and I ordered a large
Piccante pizza, which was definitely big enough for the both of us. It was
topped with Italian sausage, broccoli, tomatoes, and mozzarella, and
came straight from the wood-fired oven.



I have to be honest; I don't think I'll be eating here again. Don't get me wrong...the atmosphere was nice, the service was good, and the pizza was decent. But there is other food in Epcot that I'd much rather eat instead. The pizza was thin and crispy, which I normally like, but some of it was a bit burnt and the ends got soggy pretty quick. The flavor was good, but not great. As I said, I'd rather get lamb and tabouleh in Morocco, orange chicken and fried rice in China, beef and noodles in Japan, or fish and chips in England. I'm glad I gave it a shot, but Via Napoli is unfortunately not one of my top dining choices at Epcot.


No comments:

Post a Comment